Monday, August 30, 2010

Starting over

I've REALLY fallen off the bandwagon. I worked so hard for a year to lose 50 pounds and I'm embarassed to say how much of that 50 I've gained back. It's not all of it, but it's enough to make me upset with myself. BUT the good news is that I am not letting myself gain it all back and am getting myself back in the mindset of losing weight and getting healthy.

I joined Weight Watchers online. I think part of my problem with Jenny Craig, was that they never taught me how to eat the food I would normally eat. All of it was frozen food. I'm not knocking it, but when you have eaten the same things for over a year, it gets old. So with the WW online deal, I eat what I want but just keep track of the "points" for each item all day. Tonight I worked on updating my info with the sight. Tomorrow, I will work on mapping out a week's menu that I can stick with. I went and got some groceries tonight that I know (from my experience with Jenny Craig) are good things to have in stock when you are trying to lose weight.

Wednesday's goal is to hit the gym and go to Zumba again. Slow and steady steps to get back in the groove of sticking to eating healthy and working out. I reset my ticker to go along with the suggested small goals on WW online, so I'm focusing on 12 pounds to start with. I have my weigh in days set for Fridays b/c I usually do better during the week and feel it's more accurate. I'm also going to look up some 5ks to set as goals to work toward in my workouts.

I'm ready! I'm set! Here I go!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting back on track! I need to do the same thing, I was doing pretty good with WW online until some guy decided to break my heart. I think you will like WW. It has always worked well for me in the past. Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Earlier this year you inspired me to lose weight after having Hudson especially and I'm excited to hear you are hitting it hard again. I'm actually hoping to do my first 5K in 2 weeks at Fall Fun Fest. Maybe sometime if you do one in Nashville I could come do it with you! Good luck getting started and I have faith in you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I'm going to bring my fitness hoop on Saturday; you should try it out. It's fun and really works your abs and stomach muscles.

    ReplyDelete