Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Finally, some answers!

So, I went to the doctor today to talk to the pulmonologist about the nodule (spot) that was found on my lung. He was a super great doctor. He told me that he's not overly concerned about the nodule. That it is very common in people who grew up in Middle Tennessee because of the stuff in the environment and the air around here. He does want me to go get a chest CT to compare it and then go back in another 6 months from then to get another CT and if the nodule hasn't changed then I'm good to go. But he made me feel good about it.

The BEST news was he told me why my side hurts! This is the mystery that my other idiotic, uncaring doctor has been unable to answer for 3 months. He asked me what brought me to him and I went through the story and he asked me to show him where it hurts. As soon as I pointed to it, he touched where it hurts and told me what it was. He even drew a picture to describe it. Basically, the muscles that touch your ribcage are layered over each other like a woven basket. And he said the big long medical term for whatever it is, but pretty much he said that those muscles are irritated/inflamed and that's why it hurts all the time because it can't heal it. So he told me what to do ease the pain and said once that happens, it should be better. Wooo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. That's good news! I've been so worried about you since your last post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really glad you were able to find answers.
    Its so scary to know that there is a problem and not know
    Exactly whats going wrong. Will for sure keep you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete