Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"A journey of 1,000 miles....."

(or in my case 100 pounds) "begins with a single step" as Lao Tzu once said. I think this quote is so fitting for weightloss. If you look at the destination and the end number of miles traveled (or pounds lost) it seems so far off and like such a long way to go. But you have to start. That first step can be the hardest step you ever take, but you have to go!

Along any long journey you also have to stop and take a break (but in weightloss breaks are not allowed). Sometimes on journeys you stop at different milemarkers (milestones) or kitchy little places where you see something interesting and stop to stretch your legs and maybe pick up a souvenir or two.

Here's something I've been thinking about doing from reading some of the other weightloss blogs I follow. I want to make some mini goals and some non-food rewards to have when I reach those mini goals. So I need suggestions. I already know a pedicure would be one reward and maybe a massage would be another one. But I need more suggestions for when I get the rewards and what I get. These will be my milemarkers and the rewards are my souviners from my journey. Send me your suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. I personally don't have rewards, but I like the milemarkers - I have them myself! I've seen a few rewards though that I thought were interesting. Spa treatments are a hot commodity, but I've also seen having Merry Maids or something come in for a day of relaxation, some kind of jewelry (usually earrings or a bracelet), a $50 "shopping spree" for new clothes, and even hiring a blog design company to pretty-fy the blog! Find what "currency" motivates you, and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a nice mini-vacation for a reward? That would be fun. Is there some place you've been wanting to visit for a while but just haven't gotten around to it yet? That could be the reward for meeting one of your goals.

    ReplyDelete