Friday, December 31, 2010

And so it begins.....

I was inspired after my last blog to give myself a feasible challenge to meet. Why not walk 1,000 miles? I am turning 30 in 468 days (you can keep up with it using the ticker on the right) and I feel that is plenty of time to walk 1,000 for fitness. I figure while I'm walking that I'll also be getting in shape and losing weight. It's a win/win situation here.
So, I signed up to do the Country Music Half Marathon on April 30th. That's 13.1 miles. By training every day for it I'll be racking up lots of miles toward my goal. Between now and the 1/2 marathon I'll probably do some 5ks. My first one will probably be the Zoo Run Run if anyone is interested. That's a fun one to do.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the Marathon! I think I am going to sign up for the Zoo Run Run too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in on you and your blog. Love the fact that you are entered in a half marathon. You go!

    ReplyDelete