Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Days

Well, here we are on day 4 being out of school for snow. This means, I have been stuck at my house since Sunday without getting out because our road is so bad. It looks like we'll be out tomorrow too.

But in my time off, I have found that I'm not prone to eat all day. In fact, I've hardly eaten while I've been home. I've kept myself busy researching things online, making curriculum maps for the rest of the school year, trying to register for things for my new home I'm getting, etc. I have to make myself eat because I haven't been hungry during my time off. This is surprising considering I'm usually tearing the house apart to find food to eat when we are stuck in the house for days and days.

Also in my time off, I've gotten to be a channel surfer to find things to watch on tv. Can I just say I am amazed by how many shows there are on tv that are about losing weight, food, or addictions? It's ridiculous. I've been watching this show on MTV called "I used to be Fat." It's pretty interesting. It's like The Biggest Loser for teens. It takes a teen who just graduated high school and gives them a trainer and they have their summer before college to lose all this weight. I've watched 3 of them and it's pretty interesting and motivating. It sure would be nice to have a trainer who would come bust my butt for 3 months to get my weight off. But then again, I need to be self motivated to do it.

So, with that said, I'm going to go exercise. And by that I mean, bust out a workout tape I have since I cant get out of my road to go to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. I watched I used to be fat yesterday for the first time. It was pretty interesting.... I have been snowed in too. Wish I was not so HONGRAY. :) The snow makes me want to eat snowcones...

    ReplyDelete