Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Failure is NOT an option!

I'm still thinking of what I want to say about why I've let myself get so fat. The thing is that I just don't know how to put it into words. When I think about why, all I can think about is how comforting food has been. When you have no control over things, you have control over what you put in your mouth. And when you are the one in control, you put what comforts you, tastes good, feels good in your mouth. Obviously I did that. Although the control stops there because then it's a free for all and I just don't stop eating.

So, anyways. I'm still working on it. Thinking about it. Figuring it all out.

Today, we were out of school AGAIN! I am soooo ready for warmer weather it's not even funny. I have ALWAYS disliked Winter because I don't like the cold, but this winter has been really annoying with all of the snow and being trapped at the house. But being home has allowed me to watch Celebrity Fit Club and the trainer just said something I thought was great.

They were having to complete an obstacle course and one of the participants was the only one to reach the top of this contraption. The trainer asked him why and the contestant said because he thought they had to. The trainer said that that was a great way to look at because everyone else let quitting be an option, but that one dude didnt and that's why he succeeded. So, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME!!!!

Which is why I went to the gym today and walked for 40 minutes. I want to be able to walk and not jiggle. I want to get to the point where I can run a whole 5k without stopping. I want to know what I look like in a healthy body. However long it takes to get to those points is fine with me, as long as I get there. And I will get there because failure is not an option for me

1 comment:

  1. I'm really impressed/proud of you.

    This is a journey I'm going through as well. I know you can do it...and I love what you said...I want to walk and not jiggle! :)

    ReplyDelete