Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just call me Shredder

Haha! So, I got the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred.  The idea is that you do this tape every day for 30 days and you could lose up to 20 pounds. When I bought it, I thought yeh right, but let me tell you what. OMG!!! All it is is a 20 minute NON STOP work out. There are three levels that you build up to.You do a warm up, three 6 minute circuits, that include strength training, cardio, and abs, and then a short cool down. My legs are immediately like Jello while doing the tape and then they feel like they are on fire. But it's a good hurt.

I did it on Monday and today. I plan on really sticking with it and doing it every day for 30 days to see what kind of results I can get. It goes by really quickly, which is always great. So we'll see how much I can "shred" in 30 days from today! If I just get 10 pounds, I'll be happy.

Also, I went to the gym today to work out on the treadmill. I thought I would give some running a try because, you know, normally "this" don't run. So I get there and find a nice cozy treadmill in the back hall where no one is, so there can't be any witnesses to the disaster I'm sure it's going to be. BUT I DID IT!!! I walked 1/4 mile, then ran a 1/2 mile, then walked 1/4 mile, then ran ANOTHER 1/2 MILE!!! For a total of a whole mile that I ran!!!!! I could have kept running I feel like, but didn't want to push it and decided that I'll just build up to it.

So, yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment