Monday, September 20, 2010

Really?

I'll be the first person to tell you I'm not skinny. (I'm really working on not calling myself "fat" anymore). So, anways, I know I'm unskinny. However, I do not like for other people to point this out to me. It's like telling me the sky is blue and the grass is green. I mean, really? I know this!

Today, the Unskinny Girl's worst nightmare came true when I heard these words. "So, how far along are you?"

REALLY?.....I MEAN, REALLY?!?!?! 

Oh, but it didn't stop there. I politely said, "Oh, I'm not!" To which this person replies, "Oh, I mean how far along are you in your pregnancy?"

AGAIN.....REALLY?!?!?! I again, nicely, but more forcibly reply, "I'm not pregnant, but my friend is" (as I point toward my friend.

This "special" person (and I say special because at this point you just know their brain has fallen out of their head) says, "Oh, I know she's expecting, but when are you due?"

At this point I just turned around and walked off. It was all I could do to keep from crying and throwing up all at the same time. I know I'm "unskinny," but GOOD GRIEF! I'm trying (I could always try harder), but I'm trying and working at eating healthier and working out. I hate to think that people actually look at me and think I'm pregnant when I'm not!

So I went to Zumba tonight and busted my butt to work out hard. I was sweating like a pig and feel great from it. Tomorrow, I will eat like a bird and work out when I get home. I. Will. Not. Be. Unskinny. Anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Do people not understand that you are never ever allowed to ask a woman if she is pregnant? I have had that happen twice! Both times I was wearing the same shirt. Needless to say that shirt is in a landfill somewhere.

    ReplyDelete