Monday, January 25, 2010

44:47


I ran in the Zoo Run Run on Saturday. My goal was to beat my previous 5ks. There were over 2000 people there to run/walk. I chose not to do Chip Timing, so I just used my super awesome watch my sister got me for Christmas.

They told us if we weren't being timed and walking, to be in a different lane. Long story short, I didn't want to wait forever to get started, so I stood with Keri (who is a runner). Anyways, the race started and I told her I would start of running with her if I had to because everyone else was. To my great amazement and surprise, I actually was able to run!!!! Grant it, the running lasted about 3 minutes before I thought I would die, but I ran!!!! With my sister!!!!! I was shocked, excited, happy, and out of breath all at the same moment.

So, anyways, I came to mile 1, looked at my watch and it said 14:30. Woo hoo! Get to Mile 2, and it says 29:00. Yippee! Get to Mile 3 and it says 41:30!!!! At this point, I was darned and determined I would finish the last tenth of a mile before my watch said 45 minutes. So, I sprinted and got my awesome time of 44 minutes 47 seconds!!!! And I felt great!!! I did wind up running little sprints throughout the rest of the race to help me have a good time, but for me, it was just the simple fact that I was able to run and it felt good!

We weighed today for our Biggest Loser competition at work. I lost one pound. Now, while it's not as much as I thought I would lose, I'm still happy with it. One is better than none. So, now I'm buckling down more and making sure to lose a couple or three more this week. Water, vitamins, working out, eating right.....that should do it!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the time! I'd love to do a 5K with you some time.

    ReplyDelete