Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Me! Who wants to join me?

Last year, I lost 50 pounds. Good bye and good riddance. Now, I still have a ways to go to a good, healthy weight. That is one of my goals for the year: Fitness. Which includes eating healthier, eating less, working out more, and drinking lots of water. The holidays are over, so temptation is gone. I know I have the will power to stick to losing weight because I've already lost a majority of what I need to lose. Everyone else is starting a "New Year's diet" so we can all band together to make each other stick to it.

Tomorrow, I plan to weigh myself for a new beginning weight. I'm not going to include my original start weight because those pounds are gone and not part of this phase of weight loss. I will also measure myself so I can see how many inches I lose. And I'm going to take a beginning picture, which I will post tomorrow.

I know I have a lot of support from all of my family and friends. I even have some wonderful friends who I will be supporting in their weight loss this year and can't wait to reach our goals together! I'm going to shoot for 25 pounds gone by the end of the school year. That is a good healthy amount to lose in that time frame and I feel it is very easy to accomplish and not get discouraged about. Hopefully, I'll lose more than that but won't be disappointed if I don't. The whole point is getting healthy.

One way to continue to encourage myself to work out is another goal for the year: to do at least one 5k each month. I have also signed up to do the Country Music Half Marathon. That gives me 4 months to train for it and my goal is to beat my time from last year. I'd also really like to get to the point where I can run some of it and some of the 5ks.

Here are a list of 5ks I plan to do if you want to join me:

January 23- Zoo Run Run 3 pm
February 6- Fangtastic 5k 10 am
February 13- Cupid's Chase 10 am
March 13- Tom King 5k 7:30 am
March 27- Runnin' to Beat the Blues
April 10- Purity Dairy Moosic City Dairy Dash
April 24- Country Music Half Marathon

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! You know I'm here to support you in every way.

    Daniel wants to do the whole Marathon on April 24. I'd say I'd do the half marathon with you, but I'll have to see how my walking routine goes before I commit to anything. My knees may not be up for the challenge (when did we get old?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel is crazy! I would die on the full marathon! I'm with ya on the getting old part. My ankle pops for hours after I finish walking and stuff.

    ReplyDelete