Thursday, January 21, 2010

One, Tubby Tubby! Two, Tubby Tubby!

So tonight, one of my most favorite movies ever is on t.v. "Major Payne." That's where the title of this blog comes from, just because I think it's hilarious.

Anyways, I went to the gym after work again today. I did a good 30 minutes on the elliptical. Let me tell you, I was sweating up a storm. I am convinced there is a difference in the ellipticals they have there. Today I was on the one I like. I was booking it too. I had my iPod shuffle blasting some upbeat tunes and I was hitting 60 strides per minute! I was psyched about this because it got me to thinking about 4 years ago when I worked at the YMCA and would go work out with my sister. She would hit 60 or 65 strides no problem. I could barely do 45 strides. So to be able to do it for 30 minutes, let alone at all makes me super happy.

Success: Two years ago, you would not find me exercising. Now, it's like a drug. I spend all day thinking about what I want to do for exercise. I plan out my week according to my exercise. Mondays and Wednesdays are Zumba at the gym. Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be elliptical at the gym. Fridays will probably be walking around White Bluff after school. Saturdays will be 5ks (when I'm signed up for one) and Sundays may be a tape or a day of rest. EVERY day is walking the dogs. And I just ordered The Firm 5 day abs dvd. It's old school, but it works!

Struggle: So, I've got the exercise part down. My biggest struggle is the food. It's just soooo good! It's like I told the people in my interview: I know what I should be eating, but my tastebuds tell me to eat something else. My goal for the year is to work on getting the food part under control. My problem is, I don't want to have to sit and think and plan out all of that. I just want it to be a natural thing. But, like exercising, I know it's a matter of me getting into the habit of healthy eating. I know it will eventually be second nature to me.

Jenny Craig really helped me in learning portion control and got me used to eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and a snack, but I never made it to the point where they really taught me to do it all on my own. You bought the prepacked food and it came with a planned out menu that you just followed. Although a quick fix would be nice, I need a lifestyle change. I need to learn and start following a healthier menu. Time to research

I also think I'm going to start trying at least one new food thing a week, whether it be a vegetable, fruit, dinner, snack, etc. And it's gotta be healthy for me. Ok, now, sugggestions?

4 comments:

  1. If you look on my blog, you will find some of the recipes I make! If you haven't discovered ground turkey, TRY IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're wanting to try a new fruit or veggie, I would suggest checking out Aldi. They have different fruits and vegetables almost every week (along with the regular staples like lettuce and tomatoes). One time I went and they had avacadoes for 99 cents.

    I suggest Aldi because if you're unsure if you'll like something (like an avacado), it's only 99 cents. So if you don't like it, you haven't wasted much money.

    When Spring/Summer rolls around, maybe we can meet up and go to the Farmer's market and get fresh stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that has been working for me so far is planning a week's worth of meals in advance on a spreadsheet (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack) and hitting up the grocery once for the whole week. I've been packing my breakfast, lunch, and snacks everyday to eat at work. Also, I've joined CalorieKing.com. Check out the website; there's even a 7-day trial before you buy, and if you sign up before the 31st, it's just $49 for the whole year...and you can pay for it with your HSA or FSA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same as Katie. I only shop once a week. I make a meal list and then write down the ingredients I am missing, and I take one trip to the grocery store (no husband-he tosses things that are not on the list in). If not, I will go everyday. If I forgot something, I try to send someone else, so I don't come home with extra junk.

    ReplyDelete