Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE Interview



So I had the interview. As I was driving into the WSMV studios, I had to take pictures of the entrance. I saw the plaque for Dan Miller and got a little teary. I loved that guy. I was so excited that I'm sure if there were cameras on the drive up to the station they captured me grinning, squealing, and hopping up and down in my car.
Being from Dickson, it is in my blood to show up early for most everything, especially super important things to me. My interview was at 3:00, so I showed up at 2:20. I was paranoid that I would be late. It was really neat because I was able to see the studio where they film the news.
I'm not really sure how I feel the interview went. I am always a lot harder on myself about things, so of course in my head I could have done a lot better. I felt that I rambled and talked way too fast. Sometimes I forgot what they asked in the middle of my answer, so I would get flustered and just keep talking. There were 6 people in the room asking questions. They filmed it too.
At this point, I honestly don't remember what all they asked. It was one of those experiences where you are there, but not really. I do remember making them laugh at one part. They asked me what I felt the hardest thing about losing weight was and I said the food. They asked me why and I told them that in my mind I know what I should be eating, but my taste buds tell me something completely different.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY, hope I get to be a finalist. I think it will be sooooo fun! I told them that I also feel being accountable to so many people other than myself will help me be successful. I mean, if everyone in Middle Tennessee knows that I'm trying to get fit, I will definitely be less likely to sneak to the store to buy a candy bar if they may be someone there who is following my on my blog.
So anyways, the big reveal is tomorrow. They will call me if I am chosen. So, HOPEFULLY, I will be one of the lucky 10 out of 15 who get to be a finalist. And if I am chosen, you best believe I will be letting you know!

1 comment: