Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm going to float away

So, today I did really good getting my water in. I drank over 96 ounces of water. I would not let myself have a Diet Dr. Pepper for lunch unless I finished my first 32 ounces, so I chugged it on the way out the door. Then I drank another 32 ounces on my way to the gym where I did some time on the elliptical. I can't decide if I like that machine or not. I really REALLY feel it when I do it, but some days it feels comfy and some days (like today) it makes my lower back hurt. After I left there, I drank another 32 ounces of water.

So, it's a good 30 minute drive to get home from the gym. I had 96 ounces of water chilling inside me by this point. I was in tears by the time I got home because I had to go soooo bad! My dad had taken the dogs walking, so I changed shoes and literally ran out the road to meet them. So that added another mile and a half to my already 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was feeling good too. Until I realized we had another 10 or so minutes to walk back home and the water was making me cry again.

So, drinking the water makes me feel good and refreshed. But there is a side effect to drinking that much, LOTS of running to the potty.

I wore my Sketcher's Shape Up shoes today and OMG my rear-end and thighs are feeling it! I hope it does "shape me up" haha. We also started the Biggest Loser contest at work. We all had our initial weigh in on the magic scales. I say magic because I weighed myself this morning at home right before I got in the shower (if you catch my drift) and I weighed the exact same as I did on the magic scales fully clothes with my Shape-Ups on. :) We are doing the contest until March 29th and I plan on doing really good.

My personal goal is to lose at least 30 pounds before my birthday. That's definitely feasible. I'm hoping for a nice incentive with that one ;) hehe.

1 comment:

  1. I love the elliptical machine! If I'm going to a gym, that's the machine I want to use. It's easy on your knees (and you know how my knees are), and I think you can really feel a difference when you're finished.

    Keep up the water drinkin'!

    ReplyDelete